Friday, October 20, 2006

Post Dreamforce...

Sitting in SFO I have a few minutes to reflect on Dreamforce last week. From a partner's perspective obviously the largest changes concern the partnership model and it will be interesting to see how this pans out. Certainly the plans to make every app certified is a positive from our perspective but at the same time this is a radical shift from how the AppExchange was originally positioned. There is a definite move towards a traditional partner model. My main fear is that this will isolate small players as larger players will just throw cash at SFDC.

However, it is important that all the apps are of a certain quality and we have had experience of being burnt by a poorly thought out and implemented app in the past. The next few weeks will be interesting and as soon as I know more (facts) I will post them.

From a product perspective we had a great show. More and more customers are coming to us as I think word of our solutions it finally getting out. We have some massively cool functionality coming out in a couple of weeks and I will post it first here.

No comments: